Affirmations are positive statements that you want to hear yourself say
Affirmations are positive statements that you want to hear yourself say. They help you build self confidence and improve your life. It’s like telling yourself “I love myself” and “I deserve this”. You can do this at home, work, school or wherever you feel inspired. When you make these affirmations, try to think about what they mean to you personally. If you don’t know how to start making them, here are some tips:
1) Make your own affirmation list. This could include things such as: “I am strong”, “I am smart”, “My family loves me” etc. Write down any thoughts that come into your mind when you read those statements.
2) Think about why you would like to say those things. For example, if you want to get stronger, think about what that means to you. Do you want to lift heavier weights? Do you want to run faster? Do you want to win a competition? Think about what kind of results you would like to achieve from saying those affirmations out loud.
3) Repeat your affirmation every day. Try to make it part of your morning routine. The best way to do this is to write down your affirmation on a piece of paper and place it somewhere where you see it everyday. Say it out loud before going to bed at night.
4) Focus on the feeling you get after repeating your affirmation. Feelings can change everything! So, if you repeat your affirmation and notice that you feel happy, then keep doing it. If you notice that you feel sad, then stop saying your affirmation. Don’t worry too much about whether it works or not because that doesn’t matter. Just pay attention to how you feel while saying your affirmation and notice if there is a difference.
5) Use affirmations to motivate yourself. When you are motivated, you can accomplish anything. You will find that you can easily get up earlier than usual to exercise or go to class. You might even find that you are able to take on more difficult tasks at work. Affirmations can help you become happier and healthier.
6) Get creative. Maybe you want to create your own affirmation list. Or maybe you want to put together a book full of affirmations. Either way, remember that you should express who you really are. You don’t have to pretend to be someone else.